Greystead Institute is a charming former Victorian Church Hall, lovingly converted in 2019 into a 5-star deluxe holiday cottage set in rolling Northumberland countryside in the heart of the National Park. On the same site as Greystead Old Church and Greystead Coach House, it is only a few minutes’ walk from the North Tyne river.
The Institute is located just 4 miles from Kielder Water, the largest man-made lake in Northern Europe, and a short drive from the delightful small former market town of Bellingham. Many of the original features of the former Church Hall have been retained in this outstanding conversion, including the Victorian fireplace, character beams, original style windows and Victorian pine floor.
Furnished with delightful antique furniture, hand-made, vintage style iron beds and dramatic kelim rugs that all complement the Victorian interior, the Institute has a very large open-plan living and kitchen space. The stunning oak spiral staircase is the central feature of the new space and was specially commissioned for the room. The spacious built-in kitchen with quality appliances has a large central island and dramatic granite worktops. The open-plan sitting room features a wood burning stove and enjoys superb views of the hills through the full-height recreated Victorian window.
The slate-tiled Conservatory/dining room boasts underfloor heating, and further stunning views through the floor-to-ceiling French doors, which open onto the enclosed patio area and small private lawned garden. The Entrance Hall, also tailed in slate, includes spacious built-in storage cupboards. The bedrooms are both luxuriously appointed and are each accompanied by superbly stylish en-suites, including a Victorian-style bath with shower over in the Master Bedroom suite, and chequerboard black and white floor tiles.
- Very large open-plan living space with sitting area and spacious well-equipped kitchen with central island, quality built-in appliances and granite worktops
- Entrance Hall with washing machine and drier
- Conservatory/Dining Room with door to terrace
- 1 x double bedroom with ensuite shower, basin and WC
- 1 x king-sized bedroom with en-suite featuring freestanding Victorian-style bath with shower over, basin and WC
Enclosed garden with fabulous hill views, garden furniture and BBQ. The wonderful all-weather tennis court, sited in the picturesque Coach House Walled Garden, is shared with visitors to Greystead Old Church and Greystead Coach House as well as the owners. Enjoy panoramic views of the sky in our Gold Award dark skies area via our star-gazing platform in the Old Rectory garden; binoculars and star-gazing equipment is provided in the cottage - or bring your own telescope!
- Oil fired central heating
- Additional wood-burner in main sitting room (logs and starter pack included)
- Free landline and internet access via wireless broadband
- Built-in kitchen appliances with electric oven and hob; microwave/grill/smaller oven; fridge/freezer; dishwasher; washing machine and tumble drier in built-in cupboards in Hall.
- Flat screen Smart TV with Freesat and DVD player
- Library of books, board games, DVD’s and CD’s
- Bed linen and towels included
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed garden and patio
- Shared use of owners’ all-weather tennis court
- Two well-behaved dogs very welcome
- Sorry, no smoking please
- Shops within 5 miles, nearest pub 3 miles
- Access to North Tyne River