The Coach House
This fabulous, Gold-Award winning, detached Georgian Coach House, dating to 1817 and sleeping 6, is just yards from the North Tyne river and only 4 miles from Kielder Water.
Full of charm and character, this superb, architect-designed house is in the grounds of the listed Old Rectory, and has been converted from the former Coachmans house and stables. Furnished and equipped to an exceptional standard, it retains many original features including fireplaces and beautiful exposed beams, and features antique furniture, very spacious reception rooms, oak and pine wooden flooring, recently redesigned bathroom and shower room, and spectacular hill views. With its inviting wood-burner, this spacious and elegant cottage provides a warm welcome even in the coldest weather.
Downstairs there is a spacious and elegant Sitting Room, a separate Dining Room formed from the original Coachman's living area, and Hall featuring the glazed Coach arch and staircase. The large Kitchen/Breakfast Room offers architect-designed units, Aga-style electric cooker, granite worktops and oak flooring. A back door area gives onto the well-equipped Utility Room/Drying Room with washer, tumble drier, further range of kitchen units and drying rack.
Upstairs the three bedrooms feature a very spacious super-king-sized bedroom, a character double bedroom with original beams and king-sized bed in the Old Hayloft, and a delightful twin-bedded room with antique wooden beds and old beams in the Coachmans Bedroom. The upstairs bathroom, totally redesigned and refitted in 2014, features heritage-style Burlington bath with overhead shower, basin and WC. It overlooks the garden, as do all three bedrooms. Downstairs the shower room with quadrant shower, basin and WC has also been recently renovated with a Burlington heritage-style suite.
- Very spacious Sitting Room with wood-burner.
- Separate Dining Room with door to Walled Garden.
- Spacious, well equipped Kitchen/Breakfast Room.
- Ground floor shower room with shower, basin & WC.
- Separate Utility/Drying Room offering ideal 'bedroom' area for dogs.
- 1 x super king-sized double bedroom.
- 1 x king-sized double bedroom.
- 1 x twin bedroom.
- Bathroom with bath and shower, basin & WC.
The exceptionally large, attractive and enclosed Walled Garden is ideal for children and dogs, and features a wonderful all-weather tennis court with mature shrubs, fruit trees and lawns, and spectacular views across neighbouring fields and hills. The garden offers a very safe play area for children and dogs, complete with garden furniture and BBQ. The wonderful all-weather tennis court is shared with visitors to Greystead Old Church and with the owner. There is ample off-road parking for 3+ cars in the Coach House drive. Recently awarded Northumberland Tourism "Stay & Gaze" status, enjoy our new star-gazing platform to view the area's famous 'Dark Skies'. Superbly sited near the Old Chuch garden; bring your own telescope or just enjoy a panoramic view od the night sky using the binoculars and star-gazing equipment provided in your cottage.
Greystead Coach House is open all year, including Christmas and New Year. It is managed personally by Bill and Anne, who live at Greystead Rectory, and visitors are assured of a warm welcome and personal attention at all times, although our visitors also kindly tell us while we are always here to help, we fully respect their privacy at all times.
- Full eco-friendly central heating via biomass (wood chip) boiler, with additional wood-burner in Sitting Room.
- Free landline as well as internet access via wireless Broadband.
- Electric, Aga-style range cooker with induction hobs.
- Microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Flat-screen TV with Free Sat, DVD player, Radio/CD player, library of books, DVDs and CDs.
- Travel cot and high chair available.
- Children of all ages and up to two well-behaved dogs are very welcome.
- Prices all-inclusive of heating, electricity, bed linen, towels and starter pack for wood-burner.
- Very large Walled Garden with table and chairs for 6, BBQ and views.
- Access to North Tyne river opposite.
- Ample off-road parking for 3+ cars.
- Nearest public footpath mile.
- Winter short breaks available.
- Shops 5 miles, pub 3 miles.
- Sorry, no smoking please.